Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Thoughts from the farm 8.30.16 NEVER GIVE UP

Thoughts from the farm this morning. Sometimes it takes someone showing us how much they care for us for us to recognize that it is ok to love ourselves. Loving ourselves despite our weaknesses and failures is tough, sometimes impossible. It's like trying to cook the perfect fried egg on a rusted out old, unseasoned cast iron skillet. It's near impossible, but with some ingenuity it might happen. I saw a friend of mine turn one upside down, coat it in aluminum foil and problem solved, while camping one time. 


Yesterday was full of little reminders of how full my life is of people who have loved me and still love me and that giving up is never an option. Just look at that pie pan. I wonder how many pies my grandma made in that and how many of life's problems were solved sitting around that very pie plate eating every crumb of those delicious pies she baked. I know Adam's world felt right last night. At least his 23rd thank you might have indicated that lol. 


Have a great day ya'll and remember NEVER GIVE UP! I know at least two people who love and care about you...me and God!


No comments:

Post a Comment